THE MYSTERY OF MIDNIGHT PRAYER (1).
The transition hour of midnight is a determining factor in what the day will be. (To meditate: Exodus 12:20-30).
The mystery of midnight prayer can never be fully exhausted. It is a known fact that the spiritual controls the physical, and all the major battles that God fought in the Bible took place at midnight. It is not surprising that the Bible says in Matthew 13:25:
“But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.“
Note that the man did not know when this transaction took place; he only noticed the result when problems began to manifest in his life. Therefore, the midnight period is reserved for prayers so that evil does not take root in life. Midnight is a transitional period between the outgoing day and the new day. The demons that move during the night are three times more numerous than those operating during the day.
In our Fire Word, it was at midnight that God also passed through the land of Egypt to kill all the firstborn of Pharaoh and all the Egyptians. The midnight hour should not be dedicated to frivolities. The Psalmist also said in our memorization verse: “In the middle of the night I rise to praise you, because of your righteous judgments.“
This tells us that the Psalmist knows the importance of the midnight hour. He was not going to play with it. Have you suffered defeats at the hands of enemies? Are you oppressed? Some, as soon as night falls, will be afraid. Some will not be able to sleep. Others will find themselves pursued. If you are in this situation, you better start exploring midnight prayers.
Have you ever slept and woke up with marks or scratches on your body? Do you still feel empty when you wake up in the morning, or do you feel so tired as if you have worked all night? It’s time to explore midnight prayer. You start gradually and build your endurance.
The powers of the night imposing a spirit of heaviness on you will die, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, let all Your creatures work in my favor this week, in the name of Jesus.
- Mercy of God, locate me and speak for me, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power in any place shooting arrows of weariness into my life, die with your arrows, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers of the night fighting against my destiny, be scattered and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Mask of death appearing and disappearing in my dream, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Power of the Almighty, envelope my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Let God arise and let the enemies of my next level be scattered, in the name of Jesus.
This text is an excerpt from the book “Living on top life of the mountain daily devotion 2024” written by Dr DANIEL OLUKOYA.
We invite you to read the following article “THE MYSTERY OF MIDNIGHT PRAYER (2)“.