The Sacrificial Gift (3).
The sacrificial gift is a virtue that God wants all His children to cultivate. You will find this pious virtue in the lives of people who have overcome selfishness and greed towards God and their fellow beings. The sacrificial gift involves going beyond the tithe to meet a significant need and to manifest the love of Christ. The primary goal is to give the best to God and to please Him at all costs. Sacrificial givers do not inquire whether their tithe should be calculated on a net or gross basis. They do not focus on ten percent and consider nothing too big or too precious to be given to God.
In 2 Samuel 24:24-25, David had to build an altar to offer a burnt offering to God to stop the plague that was killing thousands of Israelites. The angel of the Lord specified that the location of the altar was the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite. When King David met Araunah, he told the king to take the place for free, but David said:
“No, but I will surely buy it from you at a price; nor will I offer burnt offerings to the Lord my God with that which costs me nothing.” So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver. Thus, when David built the altar and offered the peace offering, God stopped the plague.“
Jesus painted a vivid picture of sacrificial giving with the story of the widow who gave all her livelihood, doing so in her state of need. He declared that while others who threw their offerings into the treasury did so out of their abundance, the widow did it out of lack and need. Jesus stated that she had given more than all the others (Mark 12:41-44). The lesson here is that, in God’s estimation, the size and quality of what you give are not determined by the quantity you give but by what remains after you have given. Acts 2:44-45 also shows that believers in the early Church were also sacrificial givers.
Beloved, I advise you to offer to God the sacrifice that will compel Him to bless you and act on your faveur both while you are here and when you join Him.
- I will give the best to God at all times, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, may my gift provoke positive divine intervention in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, honor my gift and open the Book of Remembrance for me and my family today, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, forgive me for any error and inconsistency in my giving to You, in the name of Jesus.
- I overcome the devourer by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- I overcome the waster and drainer by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- I access God’s undeserved favor through the power in the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
This text is an excerpt from the book “Living on top life of the mountain daily devotion 2024” written by Dr DANIEL OLUKOYA.
We invite you to read the following article “YOU ARE STRONGER TOGETHER“.